slider

4/16/14

Easter Love

I love when the Easter clothes come out and every kids starts carrying around a basket full of plastic eggs (and I secretly love stealing my kid's candy while they sleep....shhhh).  We broke out our baskets for a neighborhood Easter egg hunt this past weekend and looking back through these pages and photos just made me tear up.  Wow...kids sure do grow fast, don't they.

I have two Easter pages from last year up right now.  One is in Issue 5 of Jot Magazine and the other can be found on the Glitz Design blog.  Both pages are super simple and sweet with plenty of pastel colors and white space.


I started this page with my photo and the small text heart card from the Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic collection.  I wanted the simple heart card to be somewhere around my photo, but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted the layout to be.  And just like I do normally, I just push paper around until I like the design and layout.  Once I was satisfied with where my photo and card would be, I started building my layers around those two.  The top and bottom paper borders and little bits and pieces were the finishing touches!




For this layout, I was inspired by the blue of my son's shirt and wanted to pull coordinating papers from a few of the newer Glitz Design collection.  I trimmed the papers down to roughly 3x4  and then started creating a horizontal band across the middle of my page.  I didn't want everything to line up perfectly, so I tried to overlap the papers and have some higher/lower than the others.  I finished this page with a few paper strips, a title, some paint splatters and a cute little bunny (who also was the recipient of a few paint splatters....oops!). 



I have some new Easter related pages and Project Life spreads coming soon!  Can't wait to share more.  Until then, I will leave you with this cute little bunny of mine!!




No comments:

Post a Comment