slider

4/19/14

Two Peas: Milestones Project Life

I'm up in the Two Peas gallery today sharing a very fun and festive birthday Project Life spread and insert.  The theme this week is Milestones and celebrating my girls' 5th birthday is about as big as they get (to her, at least).  She counted down this day for months and months and just couldn't wait to be the big "5".  I knew I wanted to include something fun in our album to celebrate her birthday and as I got started, I realized one little spread or insert wouldn't do her or her big day justice!!


I went a little crazy and included two smaller page protectors and one 12x12 page protector.  For the first one, I uploaded a bunch of photos of her over the last year into Picmonkey and created several 4x4 collages.  You can see a quick little tutorial about how to create collages in Picmonkey here.  

I used a collage in each pocket, so I ended up with six picture collages.  Most of these photos are in our book from this year or last year, but I just think it's so awesome to have them all together in one insert.  Plus, I'm kind of in love with photo collages....


The next insert is a Design J page protector.  I loved that this page protector included square photos, and I wanted to continue that look from the first spread.  I kept this insert simple by using 4x4 photos and a few journaling cards.  I also created a confetti pocket by dumping in some punched confetti and sewing up the top.  I added a gold thicker "a" to the middle of the pocket for a pop of color and to break up that confetti a little.


This is a look at both the front and back of the insert together.  I love the overall "party" look of this insert.  It definitely screams birthday, right?


To finish out this birthday section, I wanted to include a few photos of her birthday party.  I thought about including them in another insert or spread, but I felt the first part of this section was already so busy that something "calmer" and "simpler" would be better.  I decided to print off (yet again) another photo collage and added it to the middle of a piece of white card stock.  I used some Dear Lizzy foam thickers to spell out "party" in the bottom right hand corner and called it done.  It's pretty simple, but I think it works perfectly with the craziness of the rest of this spread.


Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness--that confetti pocket is pure genius! I adore your work and style Stephanie! So glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete