slider

10/17/14

For the Love of Creative Energy

One of my favorite things to do when I finish one layout is to utilize my scraps for another (or several other) pages.  Both of these pages were created using what was left on my table after completing this and this layout.  And oftentimes, these "extra" pages are my favorite.  I feel like these pages come after I'm in my groove and the ideas flow freely.  Sometimes it takes cutting up paper or shuffling things around to spark my creative energy (which is why I usually end up creating several pages at a time with a certain kit or collection, rather than just one and moving on.).  There usually is no rhyme or reason, or really any purpose behind the beginnings of these pages (other than just to create).  And I'm totally ok with that!  Find and using my creative energy tends to come in waves and I try to grab on when I feel I'm in a groove!

For this first layout, I began by stacking up a few of the extra papers on my background.  I really didn't want to print a new photo for the page, so I used the photos I had on hand in my photo basket (stopping to print photos sometimes kills all that creative energy).  From my photos, I decided to use this one of my daughter and husband from a birthday party.  


To fill up the lower half of my page, I added this quote, which was printed on my Silhouette (you can download this one here).


The final touches were a few little embellishments scattered around my page.


The page is rather simple, but with the die cut quote, it becomes pretty striking, I think.



This second page is the perfect example of how I like to use my scraps!  Creating a layout using a grid design is so fun and so easy.  The idea for this page started after I cut out the "lovely" card  you see above (these were all on one sheet of 6x6 paper from the Shimelle paper pad). 


After I trimmed out the different cards, I just began laying them on my page trying to balance out the colors and hues on the paper. 


After these were adhered, I started adding in a few handmade embellishments, thickers and other embellishments on the cards.  This gives the page a little more depth and dimension.  I broke the design of the grid up a little and added a photo of my daughter (also which I just grabbed right out of my photo box) on a few horizontal paper layers. 



I felt like the grid looked a little random in the middle of the page, so I decided to quickly add a few stitched lines around the cards/photo.  This helped to ground the page and made the cards pop from the center.  


These pages definitely took more of a "creative outlet" rather than a "storytelling theme" and I'm totally fine with that.  I find that when I get in a groove, creating pages doesn't always mean that I'm telling stories, but more of an expression of myself and my creative energy.  Often I find that I start one page with a story, and then finish off with several other creative pages!  So what about you??  Do you find that once you get started, the ideas start pouring out and you just keep creating?  Sometimes starting is the hardest part, right??

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!  Hope you have an awesome Friday!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I find I am the same way, especially if I am working with one kit. The juices start flowing and I get in the zone and that the best time to just keep going. It helps if I have a few hours without any interruptions.

    ReplyDelete