slider

2/2/15

Creative Jumpstarts 09


Happy Monday and hello February!  We just breezed right through January, right?  I feel like I blinked and it was gone.  Sigh...  

Since it's the first of the month, that means it's time for a new Creative Jumpstarts challenge.  It was so fun to see your take on our last photo challenge, and Marcy and I just love when you can join in on the fun!!  We are starting back over with our theme rotation, so we are back on a paper challenge now.  Yay!


The focus for this challenge is COLOR!  Having a color scheme in mind when starting a page is such a great building point.  Kind of like a recipe, I think it takes out a lot of the "guesswork" when it comes to putting a project together!  The colors for this challenge are grey, blue and yellow, as seen below on these adorable mittens!!


I typically start a page with a photo in mind, but for this challenge, I began by shuffling through my papers and choosing several that went along with the color scheme.  One of my favorite things about these Creative Jumpstarts is that anything goes....I can dig into my old supplies and use papers that have been around for a while!  That Dear Lizzy "polaroid frame" paper was one of the first papers I grabbed for this project.  It happened to have little polaroid frames in all of the colors I needed, so I trimmed out a few of those and then selected a few other papers as well.  


I must have Marcy's new class on my brain, because once I trimmed out all of the papers, I couldn't help but put together a grid for this page.  Everything just lined up so perfectly!!  Once I had all of my papers together, I printed out two photos (one to stand alone and one to fit in a frame) and adhered everything down on my page. 


I added in a few dimension elements here and there just to give the page a little more pop and depth.  Pop dots would work great here too, but I'm fresh out (whaaaat??). 


I finished the page with some typed journaling about the photos and stitching on the cards.  I love adding stitching to my pages.  For one, it ensures that everything stays in it's place, but I also love the "handmade" look it adds.


Now it's your turn to take on this challenge!!  Don't forget to hop on over to Marcy's blog to see her take!  I saw a little sneak peek on Instagram and it looked amazing!  If you do play along, link up your projects here and tags up on Instagram!  Can't wait to see what you do with these color combos!!

Happy crafting!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!

1 comment:

  1. love this color combo...i had fun playing along!
    http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/153974-creative-jumpstart-09-s-w

    ReplyDelete