slider

5/18/15

Creative Jumpstarts 15


Happy Monday and welcome to our next Creative Jumpstarts challenge!!
This week's challenge is a photo challenge, but I kind of mixed it up a little and tackled a project I've been wanting to do for a while now!


The photo challenge is COLLECTIONS - and instead of grouping items together or finding items in a collection around my house, I decided to photograph and print a collection of Anna's artwork!  She is always bringing home page after page of stories, pictures, cards, and they usually just sit in a big pile in our kitchen.  I hate to throw them away, but let's be honest - we can't keep every picture she draws. So, to make things easier, I decided to snap a photo of her pictures, print her art collection and add it to my Project Life album.  

I laid each drawing on a white poster board and then took a quick picture of her artwork.  Then I printed them out on an 8.5x11 piece of photo paper, trimmed them down and popped them in a page protector!


I used my AMAZING fuse to create these pockets (since they were a little smaller than a normal 3x3 slot)!  The Fuse is so super cool - and SO much easier than pulling out my sewing machine!!

I added the photos back to back in three of the pockets and then added in the "art happens" patch from the Studio Calico Carolina Moon Scrapbook kit.


I have a few more drawings to add, so I think I'll add in an additional page protector.


I'm switching up sizes again this month for my Project Life album (my walk through video coming to the Studio Calico blog later this week), so I punched holes in the page protector and then added it into my album!  So so easy!



And that's my take on this photo challenge!!  We so hope you will play along!! Be sure to tag us on Instagram and post your projects here on the blog!  Happy creating!

Creative Jumpstarts were created by Marcy Penner and Stephanie Bryan to challenge each other with their paper endeavors. Delivered in the form of bimonthly challenges, they encourage us (and hopefully you too) to stretch supplies, think outside of the box and to remain intentional about the memories we capture.  Challenges are posted on the first and third Mondays of every month.  Projects are shared on our blogs and on Instagram using the hashtag #creativejumpstarts. We'd love it if you'd share along with us at either of those places and be sure to tag us (@helloforeverpaperco and @stephaniebryan) if you do!

2 comments:

  1. This is so great Stephanie! Really looking forward to your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun challenge! Thank you! Off to do this with my kids artwork now!! :-) hey quick question - is there a way in picmonkey to print your 3x4's so they don't come out with a white border? Thanks Stephanie :-)

    ReplyDelete